Another group of winter-overs is about to leave and the weather hasn’t been cooperating. Yesterday we had more than 20 knt winds and the visibility was pretty bad.
Today it looks much better here, but things aren’t that great in McMurdo and the forecast isn’t that good for South Pole either. The first flight of the day is already canceled and the others keep getting delayed.
We’ll see how the toasty winter-overs will deal with more delays. I’m just glad I am not leaving yet.
Update:All flights got canceled until Monday. [tags]South Pole, Antarctica, LC-130, Weather[/tags]