home

Back Up and Running

My hoster has been nice enough to move me to a faster server. When I tried to update the DNS entries with my domain name provider in Germany, I found out that he had disappeared without a trace. I talked to a really nice fellow in Germany who was unfortunate enough to get the guys old fax number as a phone number. He told me that he has received hundreds of calls but didn’t know anything about the other guys whereabouts. Amazing how nice he was after being bombarded by all these phone calls.

After trolling through old email headers, I could identify the company which the how broke company was a reseller for. I called them up and they have been incredibly helpful. They have changed the DNS entry for me and set things in motion to transfer the domain to a different provider. Nice to see that good customer service still exists.

Hopefully, the domain transfer will go without a hitch.

Related Posts:

Comments are closed.